Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, September 20, 2004

This can't be legal!


PLEASE tell me the FEC is all over this. From the VotePair.org website:
In vote-pairing, swing-state progressives whose first instinct might have been to vote for Nader or Cobb announce their strategic decision to vote for Kerry-Edwards instead; Democrats (and others) in "safe" states whose first instinct might have been to vote for Kerry instead announce their strategic decision to vote for Nader or Cobb as part of the VotePair movement.
Like I said, can't be legal. I went to the web site, put in my state (Texas), and it asked me which candidate I would be most inclined to vote for (Bush wasn't an option). The reply was:
Unfortunately, there's no third-party candidate in Texas to vote for! It's unlikely that either Cobb or Nader will obtain ballot status. However, it's possible that we'll assign pairs (at the end of October) that involve write-in votes. If you'd still like to register, please indicate who you'd be willing to vote for in that case.
Can you legally swap votes like that? Doesn't seem right. And I don't have time to research it right now... anyone want to take that on for me? Please?

UPDATE: Hubby says that this is legal. Well, alrighty then. Doesn't mean I have to like it.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?