Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Time to get moving...


For my birthday (which isn't until next week- plenty of time for last minute shopping!), Hubby got me a membership to Curves. Now, before you go thinking that Hubby's just being a cad and trying to give me a non-too-subtle hint about my expanding waist-line, I asked for the membership. I need to get into shape (and that shape would be less lumpy); I need to lose weight (no, I'm not going to tell you how much); and I just need to get healthy.

Over the past year, I've had a couple of weird medical scares (blood sugar screen was off, but ended up being an aberation; back issues that will only get worse if I don't take care of it- permanently better's not really an option without Divine Intervention), and I'm getting ready to turn 35. That seems as good a place as any to make a "new start."

R's been a member of the Curves by her house for a while now, and she loves it. So, theoretically, once I get past the overly happy people and the music, I'll love it, too. (Confession time- I am SO very not a morning person, but right after the boys head out the door to school seems like the best time to work out. So, pity the poor women who will have to deal with Ms. Grumpy Butt on a regular basis.) I joined today, and I did my first workout. Watching the women as I was filling out paperwork, it didn't look hard. OK, it's not "hard" in the difficult to do sense, but it definitely a real workout. I maintained target heart rate the entire 30 minutes. That's not a bad thing.

So, here's where you come in. R and Hubby (and anyone else who knows me, for that matter) can tell you that I do not respond well to nagging or pressure. I will do the exact opposite if that's the case. But, if someone were to be just a little encouraging... a little curious about my progress... that might be the little push I need to keep going. It's either that or R will start showing up at my door and dragging me there, and that just wouldn't be pretty.

OK... time to read the member's guide... they have their own diet plan... I really need to figure this out... more later...



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?