Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

What's the big deal?


Hubby and I went to see Team America yesterday. I'm sorry, but... I just don't see what the big deal was. Maybe you have to be a fan of South Park to truly "get it." Or maybe I'm too old... nah, that's not it.

It was pretty obvious from the very beginning that they were going to push the limit. I didn't even TRY to count the number of times the "f" word was used (since it's in a song that's played several times, well...) The puppet sex scene- it wasn't needed. Kinda funny (and I was told that the one part I wasn't sure was even possible actually is. Thanks, Nat- not sure I even wanted to know that.) And then there was the... the... well, the barf scene. I really thought that Hubby was gonna lose it.

There were good parts. I really liked Kim Jong Il. He was hillarious. And having a bunch of Hollywood celebrities get blown to bits is always a good thing (I was personally partial to the guys who got mauled by "panthers"- black house cats.) And Michael Moore... well... he doesn't have that level of conviction in real life, but it was still great to see him come to such an end...

But all of that was overshadowed by sexual references (not even inuendo) and foul language. It's not that I didn't get it- I got all the jokes. I just think that I'm not part of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's target demographic. And that's fine with me. Makes me a little concerned for the future of society, but... eh... they'll grow up someday, too...



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?