Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, October 25, 2004

WIth Friends Like These...


... who need enemies? (Calm down, Alex. I'm not talking about you!)

The Guardian, London's quite-liberal newspaper- the same newspaper that encouraged its readers to send letters to voters in Ohio- published an op-ed piece in which the author called for the assassination of President Bush. Here's the quote:
On November 2, the entire civilised world will be praying, praying Bush loses. And Sod's law dictates he'll probably win, thereby disproving the existence of God once and for all. The world will endure four more years of idiocy, arrogance and unwarranted bloodshed, with no benevolent deity to watch over and save us. John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr- where are you now that we need you?
The entire civilsed world, Mr. Brooker? Have you asked the Afghani people, who just had their first democratic elections? What about the majority of the Iraqi people, who, although they live in turmoil right now, no longer live in fear of tyranny?

I've come to realize that doing the right thing is the same on a personal level and on a national, even international, level. I am compelled by my morals and my beliefs and my conscience to do the right thing, no matter what. While I care about what others think of me, I try not to let it alter my actions. The United States must do the same way- we, as a nation, must do the right thing, fight the righteous fight, no matter what the world thinks. If they approve, that's fine. But we must be willing to go it alone, if that's what needs to be done.

Yeah, I'm upset that this guy is calling (jokingly or not) for the murder of our President. And, I think their apology was a little on the weak side. But it's not like there aren't people in our country who would say the same thing. That is pretty sad, isn't it?



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?