Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, November 25, 2004

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


Yes, Boys and Girls, it's that time of year.

By now, everyone who is going to has already said "thanks" to everyone (and especially The One who made - and continues to make- this Nation great) that they're going to thank. Spongebob's float made it down the street safely in the Macy's parade. Leftovers have hopefully been put safely away. Everyone watched Payton Manning kick butt. We all tried really hard to keep the family fighting to a minimum.

Tomorrow is The Day. My sister (who works at a dept store) has to be at work at 4am. Millions of insane women (and their equally insane husbands) will hit the stores, grabbing those amazing deals that only happen for 4 hours, one day a year. Trees will be trimmed, leftovers eaten, and presents hid before the kids figure out what's happening.

Thus begins The Season. "So... have you sent your letter to Santa yet?" "What does Little Suzi want?" "What size?" "Oh, I MUST have that recipe!" "Hmm... another get together? I guess we can squeeze it in between the kids' program at school and the office party." "Where did we hide the matchbox cars? I need to wrap them!" "How in the world do you put this together? And why did I wait until now?" "Shhh... you're going to wake up the kids! And don't forget to eat the cookie!"

I'm a Christmas fanatic. It's my favorite holiday, full of magic and wonder. The smells, the sights, the sounds, the flavors... yup... I love it all.

But I do mean ALL. We'll be at church on Christmas Eve, celebrating the birth that is the Reason for the Season (sorry- cliché but true). No, I don't bake a birthday cake for Jesus... cute, but just not my style. For some people, that's the perfect way to honor Him. Just not me.

Take a moment this Season to remember why we're celebrating. For some, it is just a time for famliy (and gross commercialization). For others, it's a time of reflection. For others, it's a celebration of victory and miracles. For others, it's a celebration of a tremendous Gift. A Wonderful Gift.

Just thought I'd warn you... it's my favorite time of the year...

Ah, yes... I think I'm going to just sit back with my hot chocolate, turn out the lights, and look at the Christmas tree, all lit up, and listen to a little Fresh Aire Christmas.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?