Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Lunch with a Tyrant


It's not that I forgot to mention this earlier. Really. I just was trying to figure out how to put into words how totally AWESOME it was to have lunch with Lord Spatula I, K&T.

So, a few days ago, T1, T2, and I met LSI at, of all places, Hooters. I'll admit it- I haven't been there since I was about 17 months pregnant, so my opinion might have been a bit biased. The boys have been there many times with Hubby (Guys Night Out and all that), but I've always passed on the opportunity. They've been kind enough to bring me leftovers, but reheated wings just lose something. So, sure... why not? I need to get over my poor self image, right?

First, a brief restaurant review. Good food. Never thought of putting buffalo seasoning on shrimp. Good idea. I felt sorry for a few of the waitresses- I mean, I know they have to wear the uniform and all, but... I can't say much... they all looked better than I would in that get-up.

Now... as for the company... well, T1 and T2 get bored easily, but they did really good, for the most part. They ask a lot of questions, though, and, darn it, they tend to interrupt. I'm working on that. And LSI, well... I don't want to ruin his reputation on the Rott as a tyrant or anything, but... he's one of the good guys. Nah, I'm not gonna use any of the adjectives that come to mind (he'd blush and then have to go kick a troll to restore his rep), but let's just say that if you get the chance, spend some time with him. He's a good friend to have around.

Only one complaint, though. When LSI saw my vehicle, he made a crack about a stereotypical soccer mom something or other. I am NOT a "soccer mom," dang it! My kids played soccer, but I think we cured them of that. I'm a football mom, a team mom, a room mom, a security mom, but I am NOT a soccer mom. Even if my kids would play it again, I still wouldn't be a soccer mom, if just in protest. That's just way it's got to be.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?