Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, November 29, 2004

Random Christmas Memory #4


Here's another one about my little sister.

The Muppets were on tv back when my sister was a baby, and the "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" was on right around her first birthday. My parents immediately bought me the album. On it, there is a song called "A Baby Just Like You." I can remember rocking her, singing that song to her, even when the Christmas season was over. I'd change the name in the song from "Zachary" to "Stephanie"- it was a perfect fit.

A Baby Just Like You by John Denver and Joe Henry
The season is upon us now, The time for gifts and giving
As the year draws to its close, I think about my living

Of Christmas time when I was young, The magic and the wonder
Colors dull and candles dim, And dark my standing under

Oh little angel, shining light, You've set my soul to dreaming
You've given back my joy of life, And filled me with new meaning

A savior king was born that day, A baby just like you
As the wise men came with gifts, I come with my gift too
That peace on earth fills up your time, And brotherhood surrounds you
That you may know the gift of love, And wrap it all around you

It's just a wish, A dream I'm told, Of days when I was young

Merry Christmas little Zachary Stephanie
Merry Christmas every one
Merry Christmas little Zachary Stephanie
Merry Christmas every one


OK... I'll admit it... a couple of years ago, I bought the cd. And I still change the name. Who cares if she's not a little baby anymore. Heck... she's taller than me, now... Doesn't matter....




<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?