Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

ISS Sighting Opportunities


In case anyone besides me is interested, the International Space Station will be visible (for a brief time) in the early morning hours in certain areas of the US over the next few days. In Austin, the times are:
SATELLITE
LOCAL
DURATION
MAX ELEV
APPROACH
DEPARTURE

DATE/TIME
(MIN)
(DEG)
(DEG-DIR)
(DEG-DIR)






ISS
Wed Dec 29/06:02 AM
1
10
10 above NNE 10 above NE
ISS
Thr Dec 30/06:28 AM
3
35
13 above NNW 33 above ENE
ISS
Fri Dec 31/06:54 AM
4
37
10 above WNW 19 above S
ISS
Sat Jan 01/05:49 AM
<>
39
39 above ENE 39 above ENE

If you'd like to find out if the ISS will be visible in your area, go here.

Will I be out there? If the sky is clear, you bet. I mean, my dad will be here. This is the same man who woke me up in the middle of the night to see meteor showers (just because I wanted to see them.) He'll have the coffee ready.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?