Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Talk About Repulsive!!!


If you've been reading my blog for more than a month and a half, you know that I'm adopted. And, I've attempted to contact both of my birth parents (stories for another day- not all stories are happy ones, you know?) So, I think I can speak with some knowledge on this topic.

In a nutshell... Fox has a new show called "Who's Your Daddy?" They found a woman who had been adopted and then found her birth father plus several other guys... if she figures out who her birth father is, she gets $100,000.

This is so upsetting to me on so many levels that I'm almost speechless. I can almost imagine the woman's motivation to do this- I mean, I'm sure Fox picked up the bill for the search, which can really add up. And, if it ends up that she finds him and all is good, then that's a good thing, right? But, what about the birth father? It just doesn't make sense to me.

But, mostly, I'm upset about them turning a very emotional process into a game. It cheapens everything about it. The process becomes just another freak show for people to watch once a week. That is truly sad. Fox claims that it was put together with the best of intentions, and that people's lives were changed for the better. For everyone's sake, I hope they're right.

While searching for my birth parents, I went through almost every emotion I can think of. The idea of doing that in front of television cameras is beyond anything I can imagine. I hope the woman and her birth father knew what they were getting into when they signed on for this.

Then again, having gone through the search, I can tell you that they had no idea what they were getting into. There is no way of knowing that.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?