Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Just a Heartbeat Away


I know I said that I wasn't posting anything else today, but... I had to.

Michelle Malkin shares with us the good news that Baby Jordan has received the heart transplant that he so desperately needed. And, while I am so happy for Jordan and his family, something that she wrote really set me off.
Miracles do happen. Great news.
Yeah, it is great news. For Jordan's family. But, for some other family, it's not. It's tragic. The most horrific moment of a parent's life. The nightmare that every parent fears. Someone's child died, and in that baby's death, Jordan has a new chance at life.

Somewhere, a family is grieving. All the plans they made, the dreams they had, are gone. They will be burying a child. There was no miracle for them, no great news. Only tears.

I am not against organ donation- far from it. My mother and one of my aunts have been recipients of donated organs (one from a family (live) donor, and one from a cadaver donor). We've been truly blessed by the advances in medical technology and the thoughtfulness of a family we'll never know.

I don't want to take away from Jordan's family's joy. Their prayers have been answered. Jordan has a long, difficult recovery ahead of him, but at least there is hope now. And, honestly, I am truly happy for them.

But,
remember that, sometimes, one person's time to dance is another's time to mourn. (Eccl 3:4). Please, don't forget the other family. Lift them up in your prayers. Thank God for them,that, even in their grief, they were willing to reach out and help another family. Pray that He will comfort them in this time of sadness.

And pray that Jordan's story will touch the hearts of other families, so that, if the unthinkable happens, that they will be willing to step up, and, in spite of their grief, be a blessing to another family.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?