Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Thanks, Dad!


I just saw a video of this on FoxNews. President Bush (41) came through for his son at the prayer service Friday morning.
President George W. Bush, who rarely carries a wallet, is caught empty-handed when the offering plate came around during a church service.

It happened during Friday's national prayer service in Washington.

Vice President Dick Cheney quickly offered some cash.

However, Bush refused and instead accepted help from his dad, former President George H.W. Bush.


OK, this is just too funny, and too cute. Growing up, my dad would always hand me some cash when it came time for the offering at church. And, honestly, every time he goes to church with us now, he tries to do the same thing. Doesn't matter that we can afford to give to the church on our own- it's a Dad thing.

I bet some of the LLLs will have a field day with this. And that's too bad. I think this is a sweet family moment. It shows that, no matter how old you are, and no matter how powerful you might be, parents are there for their kids. (Yeah, yeah... I know... mountains out of mole hills and all that... work with me here.)

And I just think it's cool that my dad and the former president have this in common. Makes me like President Bush (41) even more.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?