Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, January 28, 2005

What She Said


So, I'm driving around town, listening to the radio. The new Jo Dee Messina came on, and OMG, I have found my new theme song. Now, before you start telling me how "unChristian" it is... is it? Well... here... you decide for yourself... (her web site is currently playing the song when you load the page- your mileage may vary depending on when you check the link)

My Give a Damn's Busted (well, part of the lyrics, at least)
I really wanna care, I wanna feel somethin'
Let me dig a little deeper... Nope... Sorry... Nothin'

You can say you've got issues. You can say you're a victim.
It's all your parents fault, After all you didn't pick em
Well maybe Oprah's got time to listen. My give a damn's busted.

(*Well let me get this straight now) Your therapist said
It was all just a phase, A product of the prozac
And your co-dependent ways, So uhh ... who's your enabler these days
My give a damn's busted.

(*Oh you're tellin' me) It's a desperate situation,
No tellin' what you'll do. If I don't forgive you,
You say your life is through. Well honey... give me somethin' I can use.
(My give a damn's busted.) (*Ahh you knew I was gonna say that, didn't ya.)
Nope. Nothing unChristian in those lyrics. It's a condemnation of the victim mentality that has taken over our country. Blaming someone else for your problems is never a good thing.

Take for example the parents that are suing McDonalds because their kids got fat eating McDonalds several times a week. I have one question- did they order salads? If not, I'd be suing the school district for not teaching proper nutrition in health and PE. Or, maybe the parents should be arrested for child endangerment or abandonment for allowing their children to eat like that. And, no, ignorance of their dietary habits is no excuse. (I have identical twins who have a 20 lb weight difference between them. I know why. I watch what my kids eat, probably better than I watch my own diet.)

So, you have a situation beyond your control, then I'm all about compassion and caring. You get yourself in a jam and try to blame someone, anyone else... yeah, well... what Jo Dee said.






<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?