Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Adventures in Parenting (A Continuing Series)


The boys have begun listening to the radio. Well, I mean, on their own- not whatever I happen to have on at the time. They've never been all that interested in music, but... they're starting.

So, walking out of church Saturday night, I asked T1 what he had been listening to (he had his cd player with him, so I thought he was listening to one of the Dr. Demento cds I had "liberated" from Hubby's stash for them). He told me that he was listening to 101X, but that he also listens to BOB from time to time.

Then he mentions that he really likes 101X, but sometimes they have some really weird shows on. I asked what he meant. He goes on to explain that there's this one show that he heard where they talk about... well... you know... "sex and stuff."

"You mean Loveline?"

"Yeah, that's it."

"And, you listened to it?"

"Well, no. When I first turned it on, they were talking to some of the people from Napoleon Dynamite, and that was ok. But as soon as they took a phone call and I found out what they were talking about, I turned it."

"Oh, ok." I turned to T2. "You ever listen to that?"

"I heard it once. I was like... " then he made this really funny shocked face, "... and I turned it off."

T1 then asked, "Mom, why do people call in to shows like that? Why do they even have shows like that?"

"I have no idea, hon. No idea at all."

So, what did Mom learn from this little exchange? That my kids might not be able to clean anything (their room, the van, anything) without adult supervision, but they've got good heads on their shoulders. (No, I'm not saying that Loveline is bad, per say...) They know what they should (and probably shouldn't) be listening to.

I may have a lot of stuff to worry about when it comes to my kids. It's one of my jobs as Mom to worry. But, at least for now, I don't have to worry about this.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?