Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Disturbing Commercials (a continuing series)


Is anyone else bothered by the new What-a-Burger commercial? The one with the dancing hot dog.

I'll admit it. I'm a marketing person's worse nightmare. I am just as likely (if not more so) to not patronize a business or purchase a product because of a bad commercial as I am to patronize a business or pruchase a product because of a well-made commercial. Case in point- I may never eat at Quizno's ever again. Why? Singing mutant demonic hamsters.

And, to be fair, I'm not a huge What-a-Burger fan to begin with. They have good burgers. I'm not saying they don't. But, the closest WaB to our house is across the street from a Wendy's, the place with my favorite fries and some pretty good food. So, they'd probably lose that battle anyway.

But... well... now every time I drive past that WaB, there will be this brief flash of an image in my mind. An image of a dancing hot dog, slapping the back of his... bun? And then there's the hot dog saying (Seductively is what I think they were going for) "Chili." Nope. Not very appetizing.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?