Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy "V" Day


Well, the day of warm fuzzies and mushy stuff is now upon us. Hallmark, candy companies, jewelers and florists are making a (not so) small fortune today. All the world (well, except for Saudi Arabia) is bathed in red- red roses, red hearts, red candy boxes, red greeting cards, red clothes, red ribbons... you get the idea. Love is in the air, or so we've been told.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not against love- far from it. I just feel bad for the people who, for whatever reason, won't be on the giving or receiving end of Valentine's Day greetings. I can remember not having a sweetheart on Valentine's Day (although I always had a gift- my parents will use any excuse to give gifts! In fact, I'd put good money on a package arriving today.) My heart goes out to those who have to endure what could be seen as a public mocking of their loneliness. That's just wrong.

So... if you know someone who doesn't have a Valentine today (whether it's because they haven't found one yet, or just lost theirs, or are alone again after years and years), be a Valentine to them. Love isn't just the romantic type of love. It comes in many forms. Show your love to your friends, your family.

OK... stepping off the soap box now. I found 2 more Valentine tidbits for you.

First, a Norwegian study states that lobsters don't feel pain when you boil them. So, feel free to order that lobster tonight at dinner!!

And, second, a Belgian baker is being sued for displaying... risqué marzipan figures. OK... I agree that maybe they shouldn't have been in the front window, but... sue him? Geez...
That's all for me today, gang... Have a couple of tidbits already lined up for tomorrow- they just didn't seem right for Valentine's Day. (And, yes, for the couple of you who asked, I'm headed off to the doctor to try to get some relief for this sudden onslaught of migraines.)



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?