Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

My Head is Going To Explode


(No, this has nothing to do with migraines or sinus problems.)

I occasionally have patience rivaling Job's. Ok, maybe not quite that good, but, still... I'm willing to put up with a lot. Passive aggressive personalities have nothing on me.

But, from time to time, something happens to nudge that one nerve... the one that causes all hell to break loose. Running and hiding is recommended at that point. It's just safer that way.

Well, someone's doing a tap dance on that nerve. And who is doing this Savion Glover impersonation on that one particular nerve? Who else but the MSM?!?!

If you've been living under a rock the last 24 hours, you might not know this, but Michael Jackson has the flu. And they have a live camera aimed at his hospital window, just in case he waves at his adoring fans again. (Oh, yeah... he waved. And the media was all atwitter.)

If he did what they're saying he did, he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. End of discussion. Let us know when the trial is over. I don't need to know how many fans fainted outside the hospital (yeah, someone really did, and one of MJ's brothers came to the rescue.) How many celebrity witnesses are rushing to MJ's defense means nothing to me. I don't need to know how many potential jurors said "x", "y", or "z" during the voir dire. I definitely do not need to know all the details of this bizarre case.

I may whine and complain about Reality TV™, because it turns the viewing audience into wannabe voyeurs (not "real" voyeurs, because... let's face facts- there is very little reality in Reality TV™ these days.) And, with all of the celebrities in the press these days, we've (and I use that term loosely- sure doesn't mean me!) become quite the nosey society.

Why do we care about the rise of fall of celebrity status? Why do we care about the nitpicky details of a celebrity's life? If I had to guess, their foibles make us feel better. We might be bad, but we're not that bad. Well, guess what, Sparky? When all is said and done, you still have to look yourself in the mirror every day. Does this really help?

Didn't think so.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?