Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Seeing Red


Many of you know that I'm not easily angered, and rarely do I really want to beat the tar out of someone. Well... you're about to witness one of those moments.

This link is "courtesy" of Eric... not sure if I'm grateful or not.

I guess I knew there were jackasses like this. I mean, statistically, there had to be complete asshats like this, right?

I find myself speechless. I try so hard to find the sliver of goodness in everyone. But... it's not there. Nor is there rational thought.

Go. Read what Eric had to say. He said most of what I'm thinking.

I'm just going to sit here and mourn the loss of my faith in the goodness of humanity.

UPDATE: (thanks to ZiPpo for the head's up!) Well, it looks like they had to do a little housekeeping at the site I linked to. Here's the link to the main page. And here's the new link to the photo I linked to last night. Here's a quote from this fine American's site:
The fact that the photograph caused so much anger and drama (and apparently caused one marine mother to have a mental breakdown) means that we've served our purpose. Perhaps now, people are realizing that the US military is not all it's cracked up to be, and people don't like that vulnerability.
So, showing a photo of a disabled Marine, with a caption claiming that he's a coward lacking honor, served your purpose? How special. I'm sure you're quite proud of yourself, especially since you caused a Marine's mother to have a mental breakdown. How... mature of you. You tout your First Amendment rights left and right on your site, and you do have those rights. BECAUSE of men like that Marine. But you wouldn't understand that, because all you can see is that the money that you want for your pet social projects is being spent on defending our country- and those Rights you flaunt so callously.

Maybe, when you've emotionally matured past the "Mine! Mine! Mine!" stage (I think my kids did that when they were about 5), then we might be able to have a rational debate. Until then, it would be like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Or trying to reason with a toddler. Neither works very well.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?