Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, February 26, 2005

The Turning of a Page (part 1)


I guess we're not turning the page this evening. Maybe just picking up the corner and lifting it a bit.

Yesterday was spent painting bands on the shafts of two arrows. Each of the bands on each of the arrows represent an accomplishment in the boys' "career" as Cub Scouts. Once I figure out how to attach the arrowheads (I have a plan... really), I will put the arrows onto their Arrow of Light plaques for the Blue and Gold banquet tonight. This will be their final activity as Cub Scouts.

Four years ago, the information meeting for Cub Scouts was at the same time as the 1st Grade Parents' meeting. I went to the Parents' meeting, and Hubby went to the Cub Scout meeting. An hour later, he was the Den Leader for the boys' Cub Scout den, and the meetings were going to be held at our house. (huh?) Hubby was Den Leader for 3 years (his work schedule changed and he was unable to be their leader this past year.) I think he had fun. I know the kids did.

So, tonight is one of the first of the "lasts" we'll be doing over the next couple of months, culminating with their 5th Grade graduation in May. (5th grade graduation? I didn't have a graduation until 8th grade. Thoughts?) And, then, a whole new wave of firsts (and plenty of blogfodder, I'm sure) will follow as the boys start middle school.

No, I'm not going to get all sappy on you. That's not my style. If I get any good pics tonight at the banquet, I'll post them. But... I'll just leave you with this:

My babies!!!!!!



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?