Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Behold the Power of Chocolate


(h/t to LC Rhi) I'll admit it. Chocolate, to me, is a mood food. While I will almost never turn down a piece of chocolate when offered, I will usually only truly indulge in the tasty treat when the mood strikes me.

That being said... this is a thing of beauty...
This was a chocolate fountain party: 10 kilos of best Belgian chocolate, cascading down a three-and-a-half foot tower in the centre of the table.

And having sampled its delights, I can categorically state that the end is nigh for the Easter egg. After all, what self-respecting woman would allow the man in her life to fob her off with a supermarket-bought egg, when - if he really loved her - he would hire her what is essentially a five-tiered wedding cake made out of liquid chocolate?

OK... all together now... mmmmm.... chocolate... fountain.... mmmmm....

OK... prior to this, my two favorite chocolate creations of all time were a chocolate bag dessert I had at a restaurant in Oklahoma City (they coated a wax paper bag in chocolate, let it harden, then peeled off the paper, placed a kirsch-soaked cake in the bottom, then topped that with some yummy mousse and berry puree) and the dessert at Antares (a white and dark chocolate creation made to look like Reunion Tower, filled with champagne mousse and a berry ganache- oh, my!) Now, while I can't say that a chocolate fountain would be added to this list, I would think it would definitely be a contender.

Oh, wait! Lookie here! You can rent them in Austin! Who knew?



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?