Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, March 06, 2005

The Blog Sabbath


Following in the footsteps of Dr. Rusty Shackleford (who has his own Blog Sabbath), The Laughing Wolf (who, like his blogfather, has good-news-only Food For Thought Saturdays), I'm test-driving the idea of a Blog Sabbath.

To quote Dr. Shackleford, "Just remember folks, blogs were made for bloggers and not bloggers for the blog." To paraphrase him, "Bloggers need breaks. A day to connect with real people. A day to devote to family. A day to do something other than just blog and read other blogs. Sunday will be that day for me... People, get a life. The next Rathergate can wait a day!" (The "paraphrase" is the addition of the word "just"- I'm a news junkie. I'll check things out, because that's who I am.)

My version? Light blogging if any, and (unless it's just this amazingly HUGE world-changing event) only good news/light-hearted/funny/fun stuff.

My inaugural post for the Blog Sabbath? This little gem I got in an e-mail from Delftsman. Yeah, I know it's supposed to be passed on through e-mail (if you recently got an e-mail from me that make you laugh out loud and spray coffee all over your keyboard and monitor, don't bother clicking the link. You KNOW what it is!)

Update (sort of): I've seen this on several blogs (most recently Triticale), and this looks like fun.
The Book Game
1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest!

"This is a fairly large hook. To make smaller hooks, use smaller material. A gorge is a small shaft of wood, bone, metal, or other material." US Army Survival Handbook, Department of the Army. (Honest- it's always sitting on our coffee table, along with Unexplained Mysteries of WWII, Liberty and Freedom, and An Illustrated History of the First World War.)



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?