Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Discovering History


I have a feeling that a lot of people would be bored silly going on vacation with Hubby and me. We don't hit the touristy spots, at least not if we can help it. We look for the old stuff. When we were in England, we visited the old churches, the museums, and all those cool spots. (We visited a church that sat on ground that had been a worship site for literally thousands of years. It started as a Celtic site of some sort, then a Roman temple, and then a Catholic church, and now an Anglican church.) I could spend days in the British Museum if they would let me. Our trip to central and eastern Europe was the same way- we just wandered around the antiquity. (If Hubby isn't as into all of this as I am, he has never said a word.)

So, needless to say, I was more than a bit happy to see pieces of history in the news:
Science news. History news (ok... that sounds weird, but... you know what I mean). Yeah, I'm a political junkie, but... this kind of stuff is just plain cool.

So... we're going to try to head to DC this summer. What are the odds of them just dropping me off at the Smithsonian and picking me up on the way out of town?



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?