Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, March 31, 2005

In Our Prayers


Pope John Paul II's health has evidently taken a turn for the worse. Some news agencies are reporting that he has received the sacrament of anointing of the Sick (also called Last Rites or Extreme Unction), but that has not been confirmed by the Vatican.

I know that some of my readers are not... comfortable with the Catholic Church for one reason or another. I, myself, am no longer Catholic, but not for any of those big theological reasons- I just chose to worship God in a manner more consistent with my beliefs and, honestly, my personality. That being said, I have nothing but admiration and respect for the Pontiff. And, as I responded to someone several years ago when he asked (rhetorically) whether or not the Pope was saved, "well, Billy Graham seems to think so." (And, upon further research, so does Jerry Falwell). His love of God and fellow man has been clear for the world to see, a Witness to God's Love shining through a faithful servant.

You might not agree with him theologically. That's ok- he probably doesn't agree with you, either. Keep him in your prayers anyway, ok? Pray for his recovery, or... if it's time for God to call him Home, pray for a peaceful, pain-free passing.

And, pray for the Roman Catholic Church. The Pope's passing will leave a vacuum that will have to be filled. Pray that a true Man of God is called to the Office.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?