Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Patronizing, But In a Good Way


Hubby drove the van to work today because he went out to his car and found out he had a flat. (Yes, he put the spare on before he left! He's nice that way!!) The plan was for me to run it down to Wally World and have them patch it.

So much for plans. They couldn't patch it because the nail was too close to the sidewall. Well, they could have, but that could cause a blowout somewhere down the road. Well, Hubby bought the road hazzard coverage from the place he got the tires at, so I told them I was just going to take it there.

The guy was totally fine with it, and told me exactly what the problem was and that if the other place says they want to patch it, tell them no because it would be too dangerous. He was very nice to explain all of this, and I'm sure it was because I'm female. But, in case, as patronizing as it may (or may not) have been, I appreciate it. I mean, if I didn't know anything about cars, I might have been suckered at the other place by some guy who thought he could just patch the tire and be done with it.

So, I guess in this case, patronizing was a good thing. (The plan is for Hubby to take it to the other place tomorrow- he didn't want me to drive it that far on the spare.)



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?