Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I'm Here (an update)


In less than 15 hours from when my dad called me Monday morning, my plane was landing in St. Louis. It's amazing how quickly you can get stuff done if you have to.

Before I say anything else, I need to sing the praises of American Airlines. First of all, they are one of the few airlines that still offer bereavement rates. Second, both women I talked to on the phone were incredibly nice and helpful. Third, the woman at the gate in Austin was awesome. She tried to get me on the non-stop, and, when that didn't work, she got me onto a flight that landed an hour earlier than my original reservation. I'll recommend them whenever possible.

So... I'm here. My family is doing pretty well, all things considered. The viewing is Friday evening, and the funeral is on Saturday morning. The church is having a luncheon for us after the funeral. I'll be flying back to Austin Sunday morning.

Since there's not much else to do besides keeping my family company, Dad and I have been working in the backyard. All of the flowerbeds have been weeded, and one bed has been completely emptied. Dad will compost it, and it will be ready for me to replant when we come back at the end of May.

Well, that's all for now. We're off to run some errands.

Thanks for your comments, thoughts, and prayers. They mean a lot to me. (Oh, those prayers? Please keep 'em coming. This weekend is going to be rough... for a lot of reasons.)



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?