Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Movie Review Time


Went to see Sahara today with R's family, then out to eat.

As you read this, please keep in mind that I haven't read the book.) I was a little worried about the movie- I had heard some pretty bad reviews of it. Eh. They were wrong. I was told that they left out huge chunks of the book's plot, but it was still over two hours long. How long would it have been if they had put everything in it? There was some debate over whether or not Bongo Boy would be good as Dirk Pitt, but I thought he did a great job. I had heard that Penelope Cruz did horribly, but I thought she was convincing in her part. And Steve Zahn stole the movie as Al. He and McConaughey work really well together.

One of the "complaints" about the movie was that it was a modern Indiana Jones. Not exactly, but I can see their argument- IF you didn't know that it was based on a series of books and a character created back in the 70s. Oh, well... maybe those critics should hire a blogger or two to do their research for them. Just a thought...

Yeah, you have to check reality at the door. Sure, parts were a little corny. Who cares? It was a fun movie. Go see it. You'll like it.

Dinner was yummy. (No, I don't like their web page, but their food was great, as usual.) Dessert wasn't bad, either. (hmm... I probably need to do a few thousand extra sit-ups to get rid of that Java Jolt. Drat.)



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?