Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, April 01, 2005

Moving On


I've thought long and hard about Terri Schiavo, her situation, and her passing. I can't say that I'm clear on my feelings. They are conflicted, but some things have become blatantly obvious to me.

I hate hate. Sounds funny, but it's true. The hatred revolving around this whole situation is eating away at me, and I can't stand it. It's not who am I, and it's not who I want to be.

I'm not condemning those who are filled with indignation, righteous or otherwise, toward this whole mess. Like I said before, there is plenty of blame to go around. But, now, she's gone. Will throwing more mud bring her back?

Some are now talking vengence, not only against Michael Schiavo, but against the judges and the politicians who let her down. No matter how much I long for justice, I can't go there. I don't want to preach, either, but I can't help but think of this:
Don't seek revenge yourselves, beloved, but give place to God's wrath. For it is written, "Vengeance belongs to me; I will repay, says the Lord." (Rom 12:19)
Then there is this:
But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ... So then each one of us will give account of himself to God. (Rom 14:10, 12)
This gives me comfort. I do not know Michael Schiavo's heart. I don't know if Judge Greer had ulterior motives. I cannot accurately judge the Schindler's lawyers' competence. Because of human nature, I cannot have faith in the court system, that somehow, if there was fault, that anyone will be held accountable in this life. I do, however, have faith in Divine Judgement, and I truly believe that God's timing is perfect, and, in His time, vengeance will be His and Justice will be served.

But, I can't hate. That does not mean that I won't speak up when I see a wrong being committed. It is the obligation of the righteous to stand between evil and innocence. But I will not be consumed by anger. I will not allow bitterness to gnaw its way into my soul. There is enough sadness in this world. I choose to fill my heart with other things.

It's the only thing I can do.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?