Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Reality of Evil


Last night, two friends gave me links to posts they had just finished. (Language alerts in effect... but... well... sometimes nice words just don't get the message across.) I read their posts, and... I wanted to write... to respond... but I couldn't. I felt truly sick inside.

Kids videotaping a developmentally delayed teen as she is being forced to perform sex acts... while other kids watch (and then the school trying to cover it up)... a woman who would force one daughter into prostitution and sell another daughter for a car... then you add the other links I saw last night... a 13 year old girl missing in Florida... 3 people who won't be prosecuted for not helping police look for another little girl when there might have been a chance to save her... people starved to death because they are brain damaged or just old...

I tend to be an optomist. My glass is always half full. But... these things... I believe in a loving a just God, and I believe that most people, though fallen and imperfect, will try to do the right thing (yeah... I know... the sky is blue in my little dream world, and I like it here). But... when things like this happen, I have to wonder how these people... these monsters... can be the same species as people of peace and love and faith like John Paul II and Mother Theresa and Billy Graham and Ghandi and Martin Luther King, Jr.

I know that evil exists. I'm not that naive. What I don't understand is why people have to keep proving it.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?