Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Yeah, yeah, I'm still here!!!


Did ya miss me?

We drove from TX to the St. Louis area on Thursday and Friday (we spent the night at a sub-par Holiday Inn Express in Muscogee, OK... I definitely do NOT recommend it). Got into my parents' house at 4pm, and I was at my sister's house by 5pm. Picked up her and two of her friends, and we were off to St. Louis.

Why? you ask. Terri Clark, Brad Pasley, and Reba McIntyre were in concert at the Riverport amphitheater.

We had lawn tickets. The temperature was in the high 50s, and it was raining off and on. That will be important to this story. So, we find our little piece of real estate, and the concert begins. Terri was great (as always). Brad was good (and funny), and Reba was just plain amazing. Unfortunately, that's not the rest of the story.

During Brad's set, one of Steph's friends and I had to make a trip to the Little Concert Goers Room. When we got back, my sister and her other friend tell us that there was a group behind us who were yelling for them to sit down. Let us review for a moment:

So, basically, there was no way in Hades that they were going to sit down. Things got a little bit heated, and I was afraid at least one of us would walk out with a black eye. Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed, and no fists were thrown. Did put a bit of a damper on the evening. But we still had a good time.

Saturday morning, I headed north to Rockford to meet up with some other bloggers, and then to help HDD to get some of his stuff to his new home in TX. (I hope he doesn't need that alarm clock!) About the time I got back to my parents' house (Monday night), my back had decided that it had been kind enough to me for long enough. Thank heavens for modern pharmacuticals!

Today, we took my mom to the doctor today. Seems she took a wrong step and hurt her foot. They took an x-ray, and it looks like she may have broken her foot. Where's the sad smilie when I need one?

Tomorrow, the boys, my sister and I are going to Six Flags. Seems that T1 has an appointment with Mr. Freeze. I'll take a book or two along. It's not like I'll actually be able to ride anything. Oh, well...

More later. :-)




<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?