Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Everyone's Wild About Harry


I'm not a big Harry Potter fan. I'll admit it. I admire the fact that J.K. Rowlings has made a cubic ton of cash creating a series of books that kids actually want to read. Woohoo! Kids reading books! Always a good thing. But... I'm just not into magic and wizards and all that stuff. Not my style.

That being said, I'm going to share a few observations about Harry (and yes, you're not going to agree with me... I've talked to several people about some of this, and... well... me thinks I'm almost a lone wolf on some of this... )
What was all of this about? Well, I hate to admit it, but I think I'm beginning to dislike the 24 hour news cycle. They need to fill all of the time, thus turning mundane things that would barely register on the radar into major international incidents. Kids like Harry... and that's ok... there's just need to make that big of a deal out of it.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?