Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

An Honest Scientist


That's not to say that most aren't. I mean, it's not like they're politicians or anything. But, still...

Scientists are going to try to recreate the Neanderthal genome. (Why they couldn't just go to a sports bar is beyond me, but I digress... ) Why would they do that?
In an interview with the German weekly Die Zeit, Rubin said the research would amount to more than just a spectacular display of science.

"Firstly, we will learn a lot about the Neanderthals. Secondly, we will learn a lot about the uniqueness of human beings. And thirdly, it's simply cool," Rubin said. (emphasis mine)
Like I said... an honest scientist. I mean, you don't really think they tossed a washing machine into space into the path of a comet for purely scientific purposes, do you?



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?