Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, July 29, 2005

Messing With the Space-Time Continuum


OK, maybe not. But Congress, in their new energy bill, is trying to mess even more with Daylight Savings, and that's close enough for me.
Daylight-saving time would start three weeks earlier and run through Halloween under a change included in an energy bill approved Thursday by the House.

The energy legislation was expected to be passed by the Senate, probably Friday, and sent to President Bush.

The time change is supposed to save energy because people have more daylight in the evening and do not have to turn on lights.
As some Congress Critters pointed out, how much is that really going to save? In the long run? I'm all for saving energy. I'm also about it making sense. I'll be all for it, if you can prove it will work...

What I think is funny is some of the opposition to extending DST.
But that was scaled back after airline officials complained that the extension would cause problems with intentional flight schedules.
Uh... I think they meant "international" flights. And yeah, it will cause a problem... for about a week until they redo all the schedules. That's what computers are for.

Then there are the farmers.
Farmers said the change would adversely affect livestock.
Uh... since when do cows know how to tell time? I think that it's just a little inconvenient for the farmers, and so they're projecting onto the animals. Silly, really.

Like I said, it's fine with me, as long as it works. How about some research first, ok?



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?