Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, August 22, 2005

Bob Costas Is My Hero!


While some cable TV hosts are making their living off the Natalee Holloway case this summer, Bob Costas is having none of it.

Costas, hired by CNN as an occasional fill-in on "Larry King Live," refused to anchor Thursday's show because it was primarily about the Alabama teenager who went missing in Aruba. Chris Pixley filled in at the last minute.

"I didn't think the subject matter of Thursday's show was the kind of broadcast I should be doing," Costas said in a statement. "I suggested some alternatives but the producers preferred the topics they had chosen. I was fine with that, and respectfully declined to participate."
Don't take this the wrong way, but I am getting sick and tired of the Natalee Holloway story. I cannot begin to imagine what her family is going through, and I know that there can be no closure until she is found (alive or dead). Does her story have to be on every night on Greta's show? (I don't usually watch other news channels, so I don't know how it's playing over there.) I realize that it's August now, and there is NO news in August for the most part. But, dang... this isn't helping anyone find her- it's just making the people in Aruba angry and making those of us Stateside who watch the news get... well... bored.

Thank you, Bob. There has to be something else to talk about than Natalee.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?