Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

mmm... coffee...


When I was a little girl (we're talking 4 or 5 years old, I think), waitresses would give my parents funny looks when I would order a cup of coffee with my breakfast. Come to find out, my parents and I might have been onto something.
That morning cup of coffee may do more than just perk you up. A new study shows that coffee is the primary source of antioxidants for Americans.

This finding may come as a surprise to some since scientists and nutrition experts usually tout fruits and vegetables as the best source of antioxidants – chemicals that prevent cellular damage. But, this study shows for the first time that Americans get most of their antioxidants from their daily fix of java.
Researchers say that one to two cups of coffee should be beneficial. There have been other studies that show that coffee can reduce bad cholesterol levels, fight Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases, and who knows what else.

Sounds like the perfect health drink to me. Image hosted by Photobucket.com



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?