Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Why Did He Have To Do That?


I'm a big Food Network fan, but I've just never been a Bobby Flay fan. He always struck me as a bit snobbish and snippy. I realize that my attitude is based solely on a few moments of television (his 2 battles against Masaharu Morimoto ) , and I don't know squat about the guy. I shouldn't be judgemental, and I'm working on it.

Well, he's officially off of my snippy list. In a big way.

The boys and I were watching "Extreme Makeover- Home Edition" ( they either renovate or build a home for families who have special needs or special circumstances). This week's family was a dad and his 3 daughters (6 years old and under). His wife had passed away recently, and he's struggling to figure out how to raise his kids on his own.

The oldest daughter commented that her dad makes good soup (from a can) but that's about it. So, during their week's vacation, Bobby Flay gave him a cooking lesson, then presented him with a couple of cookbooks and his phone number (with instructions to call whenever he needs to).

Like I said, he's off the snippy list.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?