Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Gotta Love Harry


Prince Harry, that is.
Prince Harry, completing his army officer training, has chosen to join a regiment which could be deployed in Iraq. Harry, 21, third in line to the throne, has opted to join the Blues and Royals regiment of the Household Cavalry, his father Prince Charles's Clarence House residence said Wednesday.
Granted, I don't know a whole lot about the British military. He can pick his orders? Is that just him, or any officer graduates from Sandhurst?
Harry hopes to become an armoured reconnaissance troop leader at the forefront of army operations.

In an interview to mark his 21st birthday in September, Harry insisted he would be willing to serve on the front line once his training days as Officer Cadet Wales are over.

"There's no way I'm going to put myself through Sandhurst and then sit on my arse back home while my boys are out fighting for their country.

"That may sound very patriotic, but it's true. It's not the way anyone should really work."

The last British royal to see military action was Harry's uncle Prince Andrew, who flew as a helicopter pilot in the Falklands War in 1982.
His last name is Wales? I thought it was Windsor... but I digress.

Like I said, gotta love Harry. He could have taken the easy way out and chosen a desk job or something.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?