Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pet Peeves


I'm a pretty laid back individual. Ask most people who know me. It takes quite a lot to get me riled. But... when I do... grrrrrr...

At least 3 times today (I stopped counting after that), when someone found out that T1 and T2 are twins, I heard something to the effect of "Bless your heart! You sure have your hands full!"

No, I don't! I never have. Those two have been the most low-maintainance kids you could ever find. (I'm not including when they were not feeling well as babies- that's just not fair.) They were on a schedule that they didn't want to break as babies. They slept through the night by 4 months. They have never been picky eaters- they'd eat almost everything from Day 1. They've been well-behaved for the most part since they were little (yeah, I can tell tales, but they're boys... they've very well-behaved for boys). They are smart and funny and helpful and polite and a blast to be around. And you know what? That's not what I've said about them- that's what other people have told me about them.

So, I get a little peeved when people presume that my life is somehow made more difficult by the redheads. On the contrary- I think I got the easy job. From my perspective, having them two at a time is the way to go.

And... let's face it... when I see a parent with only one child, I don't comment on how difficult it must be to raise a spoiled brat. Or, when I see someone with a herd of youngins, I don't point out that they do know what causes that and how to prevent it. No, I might think it, but I sure won't say it.

"What a blessing!" or "How special!" or "How wonderful!" or "How exciting!" are all good responses when hearing about any number of crumb-crunchers a person may have. "My, you must have your hands full" is just... not.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?