Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Secret Friends


Did any of you ever have a secret admirer? You know... a person who would leave you anonymous notes in your locker or put some candy in your desk while you weren't looking.

I had one, once. It was before I really cared about anything romantic, and I don't think that was the purpose, anyway. I would get cards in the mail, and an occasion little gift (one I remember was a Dirk Benedict as "Starbuck" necklace... bestill my 8-year-old heart). I strained my little brain, and, for the life of me, I could NOT figure out who in the world was mailing this stuff to me.

Well, it's happened to me again, and, once again, in an anything but romantic way. A month or so ago, I received a card in the mail. Typed address on the envelope, local postmark, no return address. The card was a sweet inspirational, with a short, typed note saying that a "Sister in Christ" was praying for me. Today, a funny card arrived, with the same sentiment in the typed note.

I'd like to say that I have a clue who my "Secret Sister in Christ" is, but I'd be lying. Every now and then, I think I do... but I'm just not sure. But that's the point, isn't it?

It brought to mind something that I heard a long time ago. Someone said that sometimes, when someone crosses your mind (especially someone who isn't usually on your mind), it might be the Holy Spirit, nudging you toward prayer for that person. Lifting that person up in prayer, in that instant, is the simplest act of ministry that we can do, and perhaps the most powerful. (Whether or not you share this with the person you prayed for is up to you and the circumstances.) And, if it wasn't the Holy Spirit prompting you, oh, well... everyone can use a little more prayer, right?

It's encouraging to know there's someone out there, lifting me up in prayer. And the thought that God put me on someone's heart is comforting... and overwhelming... and more than a little but humbling.

I can't say Thank you" to her personally, so I'll do it here. Thank you for ministering to me like this. It means more than you can know.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?