Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Well, This Is Kinda Cool


Saw this over at El Capitan's, and I thought I'd take a stab at it. Now y'all will know just how much of a good girl I really was in high school (Dad, you be quiet!)
1) Where did you graduate from and what year?
Althoff Catholic High School, Belleville, IL 1987

2) Did you have school pride?
Yes, I did.

3) Was your prom a night to remember?
Uh... not really. I went with a guy I wasn't dating (and who was dating someone else) because the guy I was kind of dating had already asked a friend to the prom before we started dating. But, that was ok, because one of my best friends was going to the prom with a guy who was just a friend because she was pining away for a guy who I'm not sure ever did give her the time of day (but she ended up marrying one of his best friends, so... go figure.) The four of us not-couples went to the dance and out to eat. Then there was the after prom party at the bowling alley (I ended up in the school paper for that...) Then Sue and I went to St. Louis for an early breakfast at an all-night bakery she knew about.

4) Do you own all 4 Yearbooks?
Sure do. I never look at them, but I have them.

5) What was the worst trouble you ever got into?
Uh... um... I didn't really get into all that much trouble. Honest. My best friend got pregnant and had a baby our junior year- I did get a lot of grief by association for that. They needed to just get over it.

6) What kind of people did you hang out with?
Fine Arts department kids, mostly. A little with the geeks. Not so much with the athletes and the... um... rich, popular people (although one of my best friends was one of the latter). My junior and senior year, I also spent a good chunk of time with the people from the Explorers (co-ed Boy Scouts).

7) What was your number 1 choice of College in HS?
hmmm... I guess OU.

8) what radio station did you rock out to?
KSHE

9) Were you involved in any organizations or clubs?
Choir, Drama dept, Speech Team, Spanish Club, Explorers

10) What were your favorite classes in high school?
Choir, Spanish (upper division), History, Morality, World Religions

11) Who was your big crush in Highschool?
9th grade: Theron Moyer (senior football player)
10th grade: hmm... can't remember
11th grade: Mike what's-his-face (QB for a cross-town school)
12th grade: someone who really wasn't worth the effort... really...

12) Would you say you've changed a lot since high school?
Yes, I've changed a lot. My priorities, mostly.

13) What do you miss the most about it?
Hanging out with my friends.

14) Your worst memory of HS?
um... I don't think I've told Dad this story... when my best friend was pregnant, we were at the football game, and her boyfriend's little brother got into some trouble with one of the local gangs. We were snuck out of the stadium by the other local gang and taken to the local pizza place (ironically because the "good" gang - ie the one that wasn't after Errick- thought we'd be safer there because of the police presence... go figure). Everything turned out ok, but... that was weird...

15) Did you have a car?
I shared the family vehicles, but mostly I used the VW Bug.

16) What were your school colors?
Blue & Gold

17) Who were your favorite teachers?
Gary Schuline (History), Dolo Anderson (World Religions, Morality, Drama), Betty Henry (English), Emilio Bassy (Chemistry), Zaida Jones (Spanish), Rev. Gary "Gumby" Gummersheimer (Religion, homeroom- the man could sing like Pavarotti) Note: Mrs. Jones is the only one of my "favorites" that still works there. There are eight teachers total from "back in the day." But did notice that one of the little sisters of one of the guys in my class is a teacher there now... weird...

18) Did you own a cell phone in high school?
What was a cell phone?

19) Did you leave campus for lunch?
Nope. It was a closed campus.

20) If so, where was your favorite place to go eat?
see #19

21) Were you always late to class?
Almost never.

22) Did you ever have to stay for Saturday School?
We didn't have that, and I wouldn't have had to, anyway.

23) Did you ever ditch?
Kinda. Once. A group of us went to a conference at Washington University, were bored silly, went to St. Louis Center for lunch and forgot to go back. (I'm not counting the times I was "sick" when the Shuttle launched or landed... that was strictly educational.)

24) What kind of Job did you have?
Going to school was my job.

25) When it comes time for the reunion will you be there?
Probably not. I went to the 10th. It wasn't... worth it.

26) Do you wish you were still in high school?
Nah. Not really. I mean, it was fun... but far too much drama.
I'm not going to tag anyone... El Capitan didn't. Take it and run, if you want to.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?