Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Honey, I Forgot To Duck


Twenty-five years ago today, President Reagan, presidential press secretary James S. Brady, D.C. police officer Thomas Delahanty, and Secret Service agent Timothy J. McCarthy were shot by John Hinckley, Jr. The Washington Post has a pretty good recap of what happened that day.

There are plenty of days in one's life where they look back and say "I remember when that happened." I have quite a few, and I'm sure I'll have plenty more. Two of those days for me happened in the span of a few months... the hostages being freed in Iran (if I remember correctly, my teacher rolled a tv into the classroom to watch the Inauguration, and then it stayed on because of the hostages), and President Reagan being shot. I was at school when it happened, and I remember coming home from school, grabbing a snack, and sitting on my parents' bed, watching their TV as we waited to hear if the President and James Brady would make it.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?