Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

This Isn't Going to Be Pretty


Imagine my dismay when I read this opinion piece, and the first thing I thought of was "and this is why women shouldn't be President". Yikes. I mean, I'd love for Condi to run for VP or something (she's too quiet on some social issues for me to be comfortable with just putting her in charge... ya know?) but, with very few exceptions, women are far too emotional to hold that kind of power.

Let's look at some of what Ms. Marcus had to say, and you'll see what I mean. I won't even go over the over-used, oft-refuted liberal talking points (mostly about the Iraq war... do we really have to explain AGAIN???). We'll go over the other... stuff...
Restraint? When the World Trade Center fell, we should have been restrained? When all of the major world powers thought that Iraq had WMDs or were working hard to get them, we should have been restrained? When we knew that Iraq was providing material support to Al Q, we should have been restrained?

Introspection? During war? There is time for that... later... much later.

Consensus? You do the right thing because it is the right thing to do, NOT because a majority of uninformed (or, worse yet, misinformed) sheep tell you via a poll that it's the right thing to do.

Self-doubt? A leader loses his ability to lead if those he commands sense his doubt... in himself... his direction... his vision. There is a saying- Sever the ignorant doubt in your heart with the sword of self-knowledge.

During a time of peace, you might... MIGHT... be able to make a case for the need for more "feminine" characteristics in a leader. Personally, I NEVER want a President who doubts his (or her) vision or ability. I want a President who is forceful... commanding... manly.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?