Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, March 21, 2006


Today, when I saw these photos from the Cindy Sheehan love-fest this weekend, I got upset. And then I thought about it. They were announcing the release of a new postage stamp "supporting the troops." Here's the stamp:

Image hosting by Photobucket

That's a stamp "supporting" the troops? Under the banner of "Bring them home now"? They are encouraging people to buy the stamps (at a mark-up of at least $7 per sheet of 20 stamps- the proceeds support some of our favorite whackos) and use them on letters to their Congress Critters. To make a statement.
Giving voice to the majority of Americans who now support the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, the “Bring ‘Em Home Now!" store offers 39 cent postage stamps (approved by the US Postal Service), as well as t-shirts, buttons & stickers featuring the popular "Bring 'Em Home Now!" yellow ribbon designs.
Like I said, I was a bit miffed when I first saw this. For the USPS to make such a partisan stamp... promoting anti-war, anti-Administration organizations just seemed beyond the pale. But then I remembered this. You can make almost any postage stamps you want. So, this is ok... I may not agree with them, but... it's legal.

So... who's going to design the counter-stamp? Any volunteers?



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?