Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, June 23, 2006

W. is a prophet?


West Point is getting ready to start its annual basic training for new cadets, and, among its ranks will be the first Iraqi ever admitted. His name is Jameel, and he's worked his rear off the past year to get ready for this. He's already learned all about that "Beat Navy" thing...

I know there has been a lot of MSM attention to the "fact" that "most Iraqis want the US out of their country" or something like that. Well, besides the fact that this is just a cool story, with an awesome young cadet, I have to admit that this is the money quote:
Aside from getting a military education, his goal in America is to meet President Bush "and tell him that my mother thinks he is a prophet, because he took the devil out."
So much for that "evil Bush"...

And I learned something new today. I didn't know that foreigners were admitted to any of our military academies.

Good luck to Jameel. He'll do his country proud, I'm sure.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?