Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Chi... Chi... ChiWHOy???


When we were at my parents' house, Mom, Grandma and I went to the Missouri Botanical Gardens to see an art exhibit.
Glass in the Garden brings the work of renowned artist Dale Chihuly to St. Louis in a custom-designed exhibition dramatically installed within the natural landscapes of the Garden.
A few years ago, a friend of mine told me about this artist who worked with glass. He had an exhibit at the OKC Art Museum, and I should check it out if I was up there. Well, I was up there, and I loved it. So, when Mom told me that Chihuly had an exhibit at the Botanical Gardens, I really wanted to check it out. Here's one of my photos from the exhibit:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, those are all glass "onions" in the reflecting pond. In the evenings, they are illuminated, which must look amazing.

Here's a photo of Mom's favorite piece in the exhibit:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

photo courtesy of Chihuly.com

If you're in the St. Louis area this summer, take the time to see this installation. I know it's a little pricey, but... it's worth it. And, better yet, go back again on a Thursday evening for "Chihuly Nights" and see all of the pieces illuminated.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?