Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, October 13, 2006

Ew


I'm not the biggest Ann Coulter fan. I mean, she's a very good writer, and I agree with her positions on just about everything. I'm just not a fan of her delivery during live interviews. (It was pointed out to me that she's almost always the smartest person in the room, and she doesn't suffer fools gladly. That is true.) I haven't read Godless:The Church of Liberalism yet, but I'm planning on it. Like I said- she's a good writer.

All that said... we knew someone on the L3 was going to write a "rebuttal" of some sort, right? Susan Estrich has offered up Soulless: Ann Coulter and the Right Wing Church of Hate. Since I haven't read the book (yet... I might... you never know)... I can only talk about 2 things- the title, and the cover of the book. As for the title, I'll just paraphrase Brad Stine here- "I don't hate nobody. That's one thing about Christianity- you're not allowed to hate. I want to hate, but I can't."
Then there's the cover of the book. I'll put up a side by side comparison to Godless and see if you can see any similarities.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

uh... um... Susan... hon... what were you thinking? Granted, this is far from your worst photo, but... Ann's nine years your junior... and looks a bit more than that.

Yeah, I know it's a shallow and petty point to make. But, then again, so is completely ripping off the cover of someone else's book and then trying to convince everyone that there is serious subject matter inside the cover.

And I just can't seem to get this out of my mind. (h't to Six Meat Buffet for the pic link)



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?