To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Friday, October 13, 2006
Quick Trip Around the Wire
Here are your reading assignments for the morning:
- Would you like fries with that?
- Murtha says that Republicans spend all of their time "name calling". His response to it? "Screw them."
- The Dems are taking credit for the economy. Delusional much?
- Indigenous people from two different countries tell Chavez where he can put his oil. (if you want to help the Aleuts, there's info here.)
- When did President Bush start channeling Clinton Kelly?
- President Clinton pulls a Kerry. (The waffle quote: "The Democratic Party has become the liberal and conservative party in America." um... uh... huh?)
- My sister's new employer needs to work on something like this, or I may never become a convert.
- You know... my birthday and Christmas are both coming up soon... if anyone needs any gift ideas... (aw, come on! It's for charity!)
- It's because of global warming. I just know it.
- Worms don't like ranch dressing. Who knew?
- uh... good luck with that, Doc.
- So... decaf isn't quite as decaf as everyone thought? I thought we knew that already.
- I'm tellin' ya... this is how the Toasters got started.
- Mother Sheehan announced that she was a "finalist" for the Nobel Peace Prize. (Nevermind that there are no "finalists"- only nominees, and the names of the nominees are not released for FIFTY years after the nomination.)
- Disney is a little upset over a... um... goofy video. (yes, I've seen the video... it's stupid.)
- Oh, darn. What's that saying about hanging with the big dogs? Face it, Al. You are not, nor have you ever been, Rush.
- Flags of Our Fathers comes to theaters soon. I don't have a good feeling about this.
- Happy Birthday to the Navy!
- Are the Dems sure they really want to go here? Cleaning out closets is a two-way street, you know.
- OK... I'm confused... is W a Bible-thumping Jesus Freak or isn't he?
- Dingy Harry auditions for Flip This House.
- This week has seen several sad anniversaries.
- Here's yet another reason why homeschooling keeps looking better and better.