Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Was This Necessary?


I'll admit it. I'm not a fan of "old" movies, for the most part. If the movie is my age or older, odds are I haven't seen and probably don't want to change that fact. It's my own little prejudice, and I'm ok with it.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Robert Redford or Paul Newman (except for his food... that's some good stuff). It's not their acting- they're darn good actors. It's more of their need (like many other celebrities) to inject themselves into politics. (My attitude is that you're probably not an expert, even if you did play one on tv. And, yes, they're entitled to their opinions- this is still a free country and all that. I just don't have to listen to it when the media tries shoving it in our face constantly.)

All that being said, I'm not sure I understand this article about their recent reunion for the 25th anniversary of the Sundance Film Festival. It wasn't about their friendship or their careers- it was about their looks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I don't think they look half bad for being a combined 151 years old. Do you? (Redford has had a little eye work done, but that was because his sight was impaired by a skin flap. Newman is opposed to plastic surgery all together.) And the "Crutch Cassidy and the Sunset Kid" title? That's a bit cruel, don't you think?

Yeah, I'm grasping at non-political things to blog about today... but this just made me a little sad. Seriously... I'm happy to see two Hollywood actors who aren't trying to find the Fountain of Youth by going under the knife over and over. It would be nice to see more like them.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?