Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, January 15, 2007

MLK Jr. Day


Today is the day that our nation remembers the ideals of Martin Luther King, Jr. Or at least, it's the day that federal, state, and most city employees get off work, there's no mail delivered, and some kids get off school, just to ask "why did we get to stay home today?"

I've always been partial to Dr. King's I have a dream speech.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
Sounds good to me.

Compare Dr. King and his ideals and his vision with the "civil rights" leaders of today. When history judges the civil rights movement in this country, Dr. King will be remembered. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and other won't even be a footnote.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?