To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
'Round the Wire
Here's the news for the morning:
- I guess not everyone is as enamored of Micky D's as the US is. Come on, Ronald... can't you add sausages and sauerkraut to the menu? a McBrat or something?
- For some reason, I don't think this is how you get the President to look into pardoning your husband.
- I know that there are good people in Iraq who just want to live in peace with us... but things like this make me want to nuke 'em all and let God sort 'em out.
- If you're an illegal alien looking for work, you probably shouldn't ask an ICE agent for a job.
- That's a shark?
- Speaking of sharks, this diver is just lucky that he wasn't very tasty.
- Also speaking of sharks (with apologies to the marine version), Nifong is in serious doo-doo.
- Up and down... up and down... the Cheney Pelosi Rollercoaster, coming soon to a Six Flags near you! (I guess we can give Madame Speaker props for one thing- she supposedly told members of her party to be polite during the speech. Nice to know that Super Nanny is there to keep the Temper Tantrum Tots under control. Too bad someone has to tell them to behave. )
- PETA workers are on trial for dumping euthanized animals. (Evidently, according to the spokesperson, it's our fault that PETA has to "humanely" euthanize animals. So much for "no kill," eh?)
- 3000 Chinese people become Christians every day in China, in spite of all of the persecution going on there. (What does that say about Christianity in our country? We've become numb and complacent about our faith, secure in our right to worship (or not). That's really sad... people still die for their faith, and most people in the US who call themselves Christian can't be bothered to stand up and talk about their Lord and Savior. Pathetic.)
- The world's most horrible sound? While I agree with the poll's top response is pretty bad, I'll still put nails on a chalkboard above it.
- Is there such a thing as The Congressional Caucasian Caucus. I didn't think so.
- I think I agree with this little tart about the whole multi-cultural thing. Slavery? Not so much.
- Ted Nugent is a loud-mouth freak, but... God love him, he's not going to back down from the PC crowd.
- This happened in an IL court? Really? Wow.
- Paging Al Gore... arctic blast on line 2...