To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
So, I'm trying to stay warm down here (it's only 30° below normal). Here are a few things (with minor commentary) that I found in the news:
- Al-Maliki says US troups can go home if we give his security forces more guns.
Asked how long Iraq would require US troops, Mr al-Maliki said: “If we succeed in implementing the agreement between us to speed up the equipping and providing weapons to our military forces, I think that within three to six months our need for American troops will dramatically go down. That is on condition that there are real, strong efforts to support our military forces and equipping and arming them.”(Auntie Nancy, what say you?)
- Maybe Brangelina's move to town will help get the Franch Quarter out of its funk. (If not, Greta will be a big help once she gets there. And, why in the world would Angelina think there's a single normal thing about her? Just wondering... )
- This proves that getting snipped doesn't always work.
- Not only does Jimmah not think that Palestinians rockets are terrorism, he also tried to help out a confessed Nazi SS guard. (Just how many levels of stupid is this man, anyway?)
- A Virginia legislator expressed his opinion on reparations... evidently not many agreed with him. (He had a point- too bad no one actually got it.)
- An Inconvenient Snowjob will be required watching at Scottish schools. (ew- you know... I blame Gore for this bad weather. well, it makes sense... )
- Senator Obama might have some problems with his candidacy if people start looking at his voting record in IL. They might start with this little gem.
- Castro's grave condition might be due to poor medical decisions and botched surgery. (OK, granted, all things being equal, I would probably do everything conceivable to avoid a colostomy. I'll give him that much.)
- Whoever did this to this dog should have the same thing done to them. End of discussion.
- Someone needs to explain to Starschmucks and its customers that all milk has some hormones (granted, not artificial) in it... God made it that way, ya know?