Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, February 26, 2007

Prevent Delinquency


(The following is a paid review. This is something new I'm trying.)

Having thirteen year old boys, I can't keep my head in the sand. I'd love to, but that would be just plain stupid. There are far too many things in the world today that can harm my kids or lead them astray. As a parent, I need to know about these things, for several reasons. I can protect my boys, to a certain extent, and I can educate them on the dangers out there. Or, if necessary, I can know the warning signs of something going wrong and nip problems in the bud.

That's where Prevent Delinquency Project comes in. They are a group of volunteers who have set up a website in the hopes of educating parents on how to cut down on delinquency in our country. It seems sad that we need this kind of education, but, that's the reality.

PDP centers around the idea of a F.A.M.I.L.Y. model of parental supervision. Learn, listen, act about sums it up (but they do a better job of explaining it). They also have an impressive list of threats on our children. (OK, I'll admit it- I'm naive. I must be. I had no idea about most of the things on that list.) They also have links to some helpful online resources for parents.

Like I said, it's sad that parents in the United States need this kind of website. You can blame a lot of different things, but the blame doesn't change the situation. Parents need this information. There are too many bad guys and bad things out there.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?